The BG Language Creation Guide
Part I: New Words
Note that I have created all 12 words. You should only make four for part one.
ordinary-neg-ordinary-duck (laiwUlai = unusual)
- rocketship ci-pipa
lia-da moss-bad (note the underlying form here is liaq-da
- to make the sound of rushing water:
that first morpheme is a cranberry morpheme.
- the name of the disease
- to feel sick
- French fry
- handheld video game
know-neg-know-incarnate (hawuha = foolishness)
- couch potato
know-neg-know-speak vbr> (hawuha = foolishness)
- Ten new words, morphologically related to ten other words in Liqupa:
- dupu-daq moon-duck; N. A crazy idea.
- dupu-wali; moon-bottle' N. Moonshine, hooch
- nala-wali, sand-bottle; N. Hourglass, clock
- ha-wi-ha idea-beauituful-idea. interjection: hurray, great!
- la-daq, cold-duck. N. a dislikable person
- mu-daq; warm-duck. N. a likable person.
- mu-la-mu-la warm-cold-warm-cold; Adj. boring, unpleasantly tepid.
- mama-daq catch-duck. n. apprehended fugitive usually after committing a petty crime
- daq-uma-sia duck-sound-ingest. v. to be gullable. Lit; to listen to the ducks
- mai-uma-sia pine-sound-ingest. v. to meditate. lit. to listen to the pines.
- muda-sia darkness-ingest, become evil
- didi-piq buttocks-incarnate, fool
- Instances of homonymy
- nuna: mountain
- dusi yurt
dusi summer time (dry season)
- Instances of polysemy
- yaqu: to give;
yaqu: hand (noun)
yaqu: the number 5 or a group of 5 or fewer objects (from five fingers on the hand)
- didi: to sit;