Here are the topics you should cover, using all the technical linguistic terminology you have learned and NOTHING that's pseudo-linguistic. In most cases, I will not need a hard copy. I'll let you know if I do need one from you.
You may use an attachment: MS Word, RTF or TXT files are acceptible. Please do not submit excel or other formats; it is possible to export an excel file into a word processing document.
Here are the pieces of information in order as they should appear:
For each line of story, give the grammatical yourlanguage translation, a gloss of morphemes and finally the grammatical English. Remember that you have done bits of this as examples in your assignments. go back and collect those, double check them and use them here.
1. Hello. My name is XXX,
2. and I live in the forest.
3. My house is in the big trees
4. near a beautiful long river.
5. All my friends live near the river.
6. We are not lazy!
7. We swim a lot
8. because the river is not cold,
9. but we do not drink the water
10. because fish swim in it.
11. Fish are not good.
12. We do not eat fish
13. or birds or (animal names)xxx.
14. We eat seeds and (vegetable names)xxx.
15. One day, my friend and I walked away from the river.
16. We saw a strange woman.
17. She said: "you will come to me
18. and sit down.
19. I will tell you a wonderful story."
20. But, she lied.
21. We walked to her.
22. She touched us,
23. and we fell asleep.
24. She kidnapped us!
25. We woke up in the night.
26. The moon was big and round
27. and we were cold.
28. My friend felt sick.
29. We lit a fire.
30. The men and women near our river did not see the smoke
31. because the sky was dark,
32. but we stayed warm near the fire.
33. They did not hear us
34. because the river makes a lot of noise.
(Finish the story.)
Please give a list of all the words, alphabetized by English translation.