Language Structure Problems
Below are eight sentences in Latin. Although some of these may be more likely to occur than others, all eight are grammatical.
What morphemes can you isolate? How do you know who is doing what to whom in Latin?
1. Regina filiam vocat. - The queen calls the daughter.
2. Dominam tenet agricola. - The farmer holds the lady.
3. Vocat agricolam filia. - The daughter calls the farmer.
4. Reginam domina tenet. - The lady holds the queen.
5. Vocat filia agricolam. - The daughter calls the farmer.
6. Filiam Regina vocat. - The queen calls the daughter.
7. Domina tenet reginam. - The lady holds the queen.
8. Vocat agricola filiam. - The farmer calls the daughter.